Mouse Models SR
Responsible HRP Element:
Completed - Task has been completed
|NASA Research Announcement
- Quantitatively compare HZE ion or high-energy proton irradiation to gamma-ray effects on intestinal tumor incidence and grade using the Apc+/min tumor model.
- Characterize and compare inactivation of wt APC locus on chromosome 18B1 after gamma vs. HZE ion or high-energy proton irradiation with the Apc+/min tumor model.
- Determine intestinal tumor incidence in the Apc+/min; Ppm1d-/- mouse model and mechanisms for reactivation of the Apc+/min tumor phenotype by radiation.
- Determine molecular signatures by comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) and expression profiling in spontaneous intestinal tumors compared to those induced by HZE ions, high-energy protons, and gamma irradiation.
- Quantitatively compare HZE ion or high-energy proton irradiation vs. gamma-ray effects on incidence of other tumors.