Responsible HRP Element:
Space Human Factors and Habitability
Unfunded - Task not within current budget
This work will continue the Nutrient Kinetics study through analysis of two additional vitamins.
- To determine the rates of degradation of two vitamins as a function of time and temperature.
- To determine the rates of degradation of two vitamins as a function of the surrounding food matrix.
- To determine any interacting factors that significantly influence the degradation of the two vitamins.
- To develop predictive models for nutrient level as a function of temperature, time, and specified environmental factors for the two vitamins.
- To verify models with published empirical data as well as NASA space food data.